4.13.2008

LITA Ex Libris Writing Award

Thanks to an application extension, I spent a lot of my spare time this last week working on the LITA Ex Libris Student Writing Award.

My paper discussed my experiences at the 2007 Internet Librarian conference, and examined the information seeking habits of 2.o/Internet Librarians.

If my submission wins, it will appear in LITA's journal, Ital. If it doesn't, it was a good opportunity to flesh out the paper more and experience the intricacies of using a different style guide than I have grown used to. We use the APA Style at Emporia; the writing award requires Chicago Style.

When it comes to Internet Librarianship, or the need to maneuver between writing styles, I find that flexibility is golden.

Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.

-Tom Robbins

No comments: